We’ve added some new resources on the Resources Tab:
- CAPE- Coalition for Asian Pacifics in Entertainment has been added to the Featured Section
- Sundance Collab has been moved to Useful Tools!
- Atlanta Camera Department (for BIPOC) created by the wonderful Deanna Griffin has been added.
- Romantic Comedy Writer’s Group on Facebook has been added to Groups.
- HRTS – Hollywood Radio & Television Society has been added to Groups
- Misha Green’s website for Lovecraft Country scripts have been added to Useful Tools.
- Added MVR Creatives to Employment Opportunities and Plugins.
- Michelle Roshanzamir is a good friend of mine, and she is here to help build (YOU) the creative folk up. Check out her website and see if that’s a great fit for you. She is based on the WEst Coast but schedule a Zoom or phonecall and get to know this lovely person. When building your tribe, you have to sometimes look for those who are willing to help you, but first you might have to help them.
Black Public Media has an Open Call, this year they are open for “feature-length documentaries and shorts (non-fiction or scripted) that are currently in pre-production, production, or post-production and intended for public media distribution. Selected projects will receive production funding to advance the work.” – from the Submittable Page
“Up to (3) proposals will receive awards ranging from $20,000 – $50,000 as well as an invitation to pitch for an additional award of up to $100,000 at PitchBLACK in April 2022.” – From the Details page
You need to know this, you don’t have to be Black or of African-descent to apply, BUT at least one of your team members has to be. I encourage my people who have the required materials to apply. I know it’s on short notice, but trust in yourself and go for it. If you need assistance, please let me know. I have budget sheet templates and I do pitch development. They also will have training available which can get your more funding.
Tongal also closes out their Phase 1 of their Pilot Development for a new network TBS, TNT, and TruTV are teaming up to create. It also closes on October 1st for Phase 1. There are 3 phases:
- Phase 1: Pitch Proposals (OPEN TO EVERYONE) September 13–October 1
- Phase 2: Full Pitch Development (OPEN TO EVERYONE) October 8–October 26
- Phase 3: Pilot Production (OPEN TO TWO GREENLIT PITCHES) November 2–February 3, 2022
You can view the website for more details. Again, if you need assistance, I’m here. I reviewed the pages several times to get as much out of it, as you can. Believe in yourself and do that thing!
Become an Affiliate
We want to host YOU! We’re looking for more people to connect with and build a network so when they find us, they find you. Check out the Affiliate Page to see an example of how we adverstise you.
We’re soon to add to our Artists in Residence, who we’ll be working on creating content between now and next year!
“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”